- Ex-Armed services organisation
In 1946 the Women's Services Sub-Branch of the Returned and Services League (RSL) received its Charter.
Membership to the League is open to:
• Those who served in the Australian Defence Force (ADF) in either of the two World Wars
• or in any theatre of conflict; or served overseas for not less than six months as a member of an approved peace-keeping force;
• or served for not less than six months in the regular or reserve forces of the ADF,
• or of any country not an enemy of Australia (shorter service can also qualify if discharge was honourable and for reasons beyond an individual's control);
• or if you are an Australian or allied citizen and served with or in support of the ADF or allied forces in any theatre or conflict;
• or served during World War II, as a member of the Australian Women's Land Army or as a member of a Voluntary Aid Detachment in a military or convalescent hospital. 
Sources used to compile this entry: http://www.rslnsw.com.au/index.cfm?page=237 accessed 2002-12-16.