MBE, FCNA, DipNA
- 17 September 1915
Werris Creek, New South Wales, Australia
New South Wales, Australia
- Matron and Servicewoman
Vera Adderley worked at the Dubbo and Crown Street Hospitals before serving with the Royal Australian Air Force Nursing Service from 1941 to 1947. She joined the Parramatta Hospital in 1955 and in 1962 she was appointed Assistant Matron at the Prince Henry Hospital. Adderley became Director of Nursing Services at the Prince Henry and Prince of Wales Hospitals in 1966. She was also a council member of the College of Nursing New South Wales, the Australasian Trained Nurses' Association and the Matrons' Institute of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. In 1978, Adderley was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire and a building is named in her honour on the Randwick Hospitals Campus.