Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Welfare organisation
- Alternative Names
- Presbyterian Society for Destitute and Neglected Children (former name, 1893 - 1894)
- Victorian Neglected Children's Aid Society (former name, 1894 - 1920)
The Victorian Children's Aid Society, originally named the the Presbyterian Society for Neglected and Destitute Children, was established with the aim of rescuing 'neglected and destitute children'. Its officers comprised a president, two vice presidents, a secretary and a committee. Although an initiative of the Presbyterian Church, by October 1894, it became interdenominational and independent, with its name changed to the Victorian Neglected Children's Aid Society.The Society took in children, the majority of whom required temporary assistance and were the children of the 'deserving poor', and placed them with families in the country, who cared for them and educated them. Older children were taught household or farm work. It decided upon another name change in 1920, to the Victorian Children's Aid Society. In 1991 it became Family Focus and in 1992 it merged with other children's organisations to form Oz Child-Children Australia.