- Peace organisation
- Alternative Names
- Women's Peace Group (former name)
The Women's Peace Group was formed in 1928, when a number of Western Australian women's organizations, including Women's Services Guild, YWCA, Labor Women, WCTU and others, got together to organize an Armistice Day celebration. Active for around five years, a decline in enthusiasm in the early 1930s was signaled by the failure of a conference on disarmament. In 1933 the group was reformed as a branch of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom by Lucy Creeth. The branch went into recess in 1947 but was reestablished in 1952 by Nancy Wilkinson.