- University club/society, Women’s advocacy and Lobby group
- Alternative Names
- Adelaide University Women's Graduates' Association (previous name, 1929 - 1968)
- Australian Federation of University Women (South Australia) Inc. (Previous name, 1974 - 2009)
- South Australian University Women Graduates' Association (previous name, 1968 - 1974)
- Women Graduates' Club (previous name, 1914 - 1929)
The Australian Federation of Graduate Women (South Australia) Inc. was founded in 1914 as the Women Graduates' Club, a sub-society of the Adelaide University Women Students' Club. Its aims as adopted at the first meeting on 7 July 1914 were "To provide social intercourse among women graduates" and "to deal with questions primarily affecting University graduates". From 1923 the association became an affiliate of the National Federation of Graduate Women (then known as the National Federation of University Women).