- Religious organisation, Lobby group, Philanthropic organisation, Membership organisation and Women's Rights Organisation
- Alternative Names
- Melbourne Council of Jewish Women
- NCJW Victorian Section Inc.: Email firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 9523 0535 The Eva Besen Centre 131-133 Hawthorn Road Caulfield Vic 3161 Website www.ncjwavic.org.au
Established in 1927 by Dr Fanny Reading MBE, the National Council of Jewish Women of Australia (Vic) provides community support to vulnerable people, promotes a harmonious multicultural society, works to advance the status of women and supports projects in Israel. Inspired by Jewish values, the NCJWA (Vic) aims to create a better world for women.
Programs the NCJWA (Vic) runs include:
- Caring Mums, a home-based, non-denominational free service that provides emotional support to mums of newborn babies and women during pregnancy.
- Empowering Single Jewish Women and Effective Relationship Programs, which aim to support single women to manage the emotional upheaval post separation and promote the development of positive relationship skills.
- Support for the elderly programs.
- Support for Women from the former Soviet Union.
- Interfaith Activities.
- Status of Women activities, which involves a commitment to promoting human rights through equality, access and equity for women and girls within the Jewish and broader communities.
- Support for Israel fundraising activities.
- Opportunity Shop activities.