The ANZAC Fellowship of Women was founded in 1921 by Dr Mary Booth, with the object of fostering the commemorative character of ANZAC day as an inspiration to future generations. Booth remained president of the group until 1956. In 1930 a London branch was also established. From 1931-41, and again from 1950, the ANZAC Festival Committee was established to emphasise the value of the Arts in helpding to foster the ANZAC tradition. The group also established the Empire Service Club for Boy Settlers in 1923, which organsied welcome parties for 'Dreadnought' boys and represented the first welfare work instituted for them.