Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Sporting Organisation
- Alternative Names
- All Australia Netball Association (1970 - 1993)
- All Australia Women's Basket Ball Association (1927 - 1970)
A national body for netball in Australia was founded at a meeting on August 26-27, 1927 when the All Australia Women's Basket Ball Association was formed in conjunction with an interstate basketball carnival. Foundation Members of the association included:
- The City Girls' Amateur Sports Association in New South Wales
- The Adelaide Women's Basket Ball Association in South Australia
- The Melbourne Girls' Basket Ball Association in Victoria
- The Australian Ladies' Basket Ball Association in Queensland
- The Basket Ball Association of Perth in Western Australia
Tasmania affiliated soon after, competing in carnivals since 1933. The Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory became full members in 1975 and 1977 respectively.
In 1970, in accordance with the change of the game's name to 'netball', the association became known as the All Australia Netball Association. In 1993, the name changed again to Netball Australia.