- Sporting Organisation
- Alternative Names
- Australian Squash Rackets Association (previous name, 1934 - 1996)
The sport of Squash has always been a popular social and competitive sport in Australia,enjoyed by people of all ages and both genders. The sport is supported at National, State and local levels by well organised tournaments and effective coaching and athlete pathways. Squash Australia is the governing body for squash in Australia.
Its mission is 'To provide innovative leadership and direction for the growth and development of Squash in Australia.' It's vision is that:
- Squash will be a flourishing participant sport for people of all ages from all sectors of the Australian
- Squash will be a high profile sport in Australia, receiving extensive media coverage and maintaining
a high level of community awareness
- Squash facilities will be attractive, enticing, professionally operated and managed, and be financially
- Australia will dominate squash internationally in terms of playing performance
- Squash will be effectively administered throughout Australia under the leadership of a financial strong national body (Squash Australia)
- Squash will be played in all major international (multi-sport) games.